Wednesday, August 20, 2008

somehow i was in my closet looking for a 9 .mm pistol with a silencer attached to the end. i got in my car and the house was empty and so were the streets. until i made it to a hybrid k mart target strip mall in the middle of town. there i blew trees waiting for someone especially important to come out. i fiddled with the black gun, checking the chamber constantly, loading and unloading it, screwing and unscrewing the silencer, until i grew bored and stepped out of the car to take a look around.

it was hot but i couldn't see the sun. all i knew was that the sky overhead was checkered with white clouds and the blue day was a long stretch of waiting. i waited. i walked over to one of the stores and looked inside. the registers were all silent. people waited patiently for other people. the rows of clothes looked normal. i couldn't pick a single thing out, but i knew that there were pants, shirts, underwear, socks, belts, ties, pantyhose, polos, chinos, khakis, shoes, shorts; i stepped away and lost the head to my silencer under a black car. i kept cool weighing out my options, how much time i had left until this specific person would emerge, if i could kill him/her without the silencer; where had it fallen?

i searched around the entire vehicle until i felt too suspicious, keeping the gun tucked in the front of my shirt, i walked back to my car and smoked again and watched the trees in front of me. tall wispy wimps of trees. the kind of trees that aren't impressive but at the same time they have evolved to survive the barren desert, the high winds whip around and through them, never uprooting them even in the strongest of tempests. 

all i was doing was waiting for the black car to leave so i could put my gun back together. when it left i wandered over trying to look normal but a black expedition pulled up alongside of me and a man rolled his window down.

'there's trouble elsewhere. you shouldn't be here.' and he handed me the silencer piece and i looked at him puzzled. 'stop smoking you idiot. you are attracting unwanted attention.' then he rolled his window back up, waved goodbye and drove off. i felt a great urgency inside of me, as if the whole world was starting to slip away and if i didn't move then i would be sucked down into whatever hole it was falling into. i walked back to my car, through the wind, never once looking at anything but the car, entering, locking the doors, putting my piece back together, then driving off.

the car would barely move. a red motorcycle got caught behind me and right in the instant it was going to crash into me from its momentum, i got speed and drove off.

i ended up at a hotel that was engaged in its own private internal war. and there were beautiful women waiting inside, in the shower for me. but a ladder reached down from the outside of this bathroom. there was also an elevator, where my half sister was being forcibly held by the same gentleman who had given me my missing silencer piece. i decided to stay with the women who were naked and we had sex in the shower. afterwards we ended up on a yacht outside, a door had appeared in the same bathroom and they had exited naked, slender young women with long blonde hair giggling hysterically, unafraid of the gun, the man, my captured sister, or the war.

the yacht was being maneuvered by a young playboy who had a submachine gun by his side and hoards of women, running around a beach, on his yacht, he wore a red hat and motioned for me to come with him. i sighed and put my gun away and walked toward the boat.

the sound of waves against the shore, the endless stretch of dark vision ahead of me, as all the world was completely visible yet any detail, the sun, the stars, waxed away like the waves and i was left with a breathless vision of emptiness and a 9 . mm gun.

No comments: