Thursday, October 19, 2006

it all slips so fast

"Whats wrong," she asked and pointed into the room. The door was half open and music was piping through and into both of our ears.

"I dont know," I said and shrugged my shoulders. "He's been lying there listening to Chelsea Girl for two days straight. Hasn't moved."

"Look at how thin he his."

"Yeah. I don't know how much more of this I can take."

"Why Nico?"

I shrugged again and looked back through the door. "Sure is sad though."

She pointed. "Is he going to be alright?"

"You want some dinner? I just can't listen anymore."

They both stepped out and the music played and piped through and out. And the sun gently crouched and organs could be heard across from the neighbor's lawn. While the needle scratched on the old plastic and the two kissed. He laid in the night. And all the time the music was almost quiet and was so soft that he cried for hours when they were gone.

---

I've been out walking,
I don't do much talking

No comments: