Friday, November 21, 2008

rebuttal

pulled by time
our moves
& like a flying bird
we try and trace
the path
through color
& light.

what I say to you,
you misunderstand;
my inflection
grave & harsh
its only the seriousness,
only the way i move
like with a knife in hand-
i make no moves to cut you
but watch where you tread,
trust the look of my eyes
brightness and the cold
makes them green
& joy will make them flicker like a candle flame,
the other side
may seem dark & sad
a pattern of pain
you need to know what you have
what you've gained,
if you're troubled
then find your sin within
and realize, I find no sin
I only want a way;

what you think
is caught,
is the grip of your soul
take care of how it spills out
it treads on your steps
on your lightness
your smile
the very things you want,

alone
with infinity
but still alone
the gaping hole you see at night
when your eyes close
I have one too,
so let it be

through the burning fog
you walk along a river
to the sea,
past the silence
to the shouting waves
to the tumultuous
affront of nature
that's blind in how it deals
its company of screams
to us, to you, to me-

you need to know
that I love, that I'm in a war
with my soul
deciding life in every instant,
to my nightmares
every dream
assuages the waking eye, the trembling mind

through the night
catastrophe spills
on the wood, on the tile
the patio feels the thunderclap
the smoke curves through the
deep shadows
remembering meadows
& eyes looking
through the moon,

our struggling wings
beat the air
war with air
war all around
this is dangerous
you know the sounds i make,
so let your worry fall away
like a dead clock
and trust your hands
to know what to touch.

No comments: