Tuesday, November 11, 2008

after a drunk

dear,

please excuse my behavior. 

hard ventures
blood
laughter

i was a mess I know, but-

We couldn't help but rob the taco shop,

or drive around with a requiem
for our past selves

past the bells
dead trees
swinging door,
A floor huddled four
smoking.

outside the coolness
breaks the dizzy spell
of bad air,

it feels like there's something to apologize for,

A bright morning
without birds

its like waking up from being dead.

what was that
was it me?

I know I'm wasted when I can't see green.

cradled self,
I'm apologizing over and over to my 
eyes,

my feet
my head
my stomach
my love
my despair

A best friends whisper
valiant
sad

tea-cups 
in my wavering hand
how the shrouded moon
knows

dear,

your smile was a weapon
even if you didn't know
your laughter daggers in the night
your coat a covering from my stare
relent

take care.


No comments: